- Who are we?
- How do we collect your information?
- What type of information is collected from you?
- How is your information used?
- Data security
- Who has access to your information?
- How can I edit or delete my data?
- How long do we retain your data?
- Links to other websites
This policy covers how Replace Base Ltd treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of our products and services. Personal information is defined as information that is personally identifiable to you, like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. Our handling of your data is secure and complies with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we?
Replace Base Ltd is a replacement parts specialist based in Moulton Park, Northampton. Our registered address is Unit 2 Summerhouse Place, 35 Summerhouse Road, Moulton Park, Northampton, NN3 6GL. Our trading address is Unit 2 Summerhouse Place, 35 Summerhouse Road, Moulton Park, Northampton, NN3 6GL. Our company number is 07651978. You can contact us on 01604 924700.
How do we collect your information?
Replace Base Ltd collects personal information when registering an account through our website. For example, when registering for our newsletter, completing a purchase or creating an account. We may also collect data when you use our products or services, visit our website or when you visit our premises.
What type of information is collected?
The personal information we collect from you might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when. Other information may include:
- order information required to complete a transaction
- search terms you have used to find our website
- a record of browsing behaviour, including links clicked. It is done via cookies placed on your device when you visit our website and the contents of any form you submit to us. You can manage your cookie preferences by visiting our full cookies policy. It is also possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Note: Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website
- we retain all personal information disclosed by you to us
- we will not seek to append personal data without your permission
- engagement metrics with emails and SMS messages you receive from us
- your browser’s user agent which is freely transmitted by your computer. It includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer's operating system
We will only collect and use your information for lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons. We only disclose information to third parties for goods delivery purposes.
We only send email communications related to your order unless you have signed up for our newsletter and consented to receive further communications, such as product updates, special offers or other marketing information about our products and services.
Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all transactions for the sale of goods on the website. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and any changes will take effect on the date they are amended.
Information we will not collect
- we will not collect information related to browsing habits outside of our domains (replacebase.co.uk)
How is your information used?
Replace Base Ltd uses information for the following purposes:
- to improve and customise the marketing and content you see
- fulfil your requests for products and services
- notify you by email, phone or SMS about your order
- improve our services
- contact you about a request for your personal information
- send communications that may interest you, such as product updates and special offers. We will only send these emails if you have opted-in to receive them by signing up for our newsletter
- provide anonymous reporting for internal use
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with government legislation and regulations to protect personal information we hold about you. We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it's held. We will ensure that our suppliers have appropriate security measures when we outsource any processes.
Under no circumstances do we keep any record of your payment information (such as credit/debit card information). This information is securely deleted as soon as the purchase is complete.
Who has access to your information?
Replace Base Ltd does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- we limit access to your personal information from our employees unless absolutely necessary for them to fulfil our obligations to you as a customer
- our staff are trained on their privacy obligations to your information
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
Replace Base Ltd works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and service providers in different industries and business categories.
How can I edit or delete my data?
- you can edit your information by logging into your Replace Base account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address associated to the account you wish to edit
- you can request to be removed from our database at any time by emailing email@example.com using the email address associated to the account you wish to delete
- you may request a copy of your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your account. We will provide this free of charge and no later than 30 days from the receipt of the request
- where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to charge a fee. We may also charge a fee if you require further copies of the same information
- we will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- we observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- if you have not received a response within 30 days, you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
You have the right to object to
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- contact us immediately if you want to object to using your data as outlined above
- stop receiving marketing and sales emails from us by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of our marketing emails or contacting us here.To fulfil your unsubscribe request, we may retain your email address for the purposes of including into an exclusion list. If you would like to remove your details from our database entirely, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com. Please be aware that you may receive marketing emails from us in the future if you complete one of our data capture forms. Your right to opt out is protected and can be done so in the same way as previously requested.
How long do we retain your data?
We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information. We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by monitoring which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Declining cookie permissions may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website. You can manage your cookie preferences here.
Links to other websites
Replace Base Ltd may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in how we handle your personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Replace Base account or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, then please, contact us.